Monday, December 16, 2013

Change Comes to Us All
















Change comes to us all.

She doesn't wait for us to invite her in.
She doesn't give us advance notice that she's stopping by.
She just shows up.
On our doorstep.

And it's up to us to let her in our front door.
















Change isn't always bad.
Sometimes she brings good things to our life.

But she's still an interruption.

Even when we're stuck in a tight spot and desperately want Change to drop by, we still dread her visit.

Why?
Because we're never really ready for what she has to say.

She always seems to call us out on our junk.
She never leaves us the way she found us.
She doesn't listen to our excuses.

Yes, Change comes to us all.

Recently I've had quite a few visits from Change.
And she has totally messed up my schedule.
I'm not comfortable right now.
In fact, I'm very uncomfortable.

But, I can see the light of a new day shining bright.
And this new day is here because I welcomed Change into my life.
I opened the door.


















Oh she has made me frustrated and tired at times.
But she moved me.
She moved me away from the old and into the new.

And that, my sweet sisters, is what Change does.
She moves us.

Maybe she physically moves us from one place to another.
Or maybe she moves us to a better state of mind.
She has even been known to move our hearts to love.

Yes, Change is here.
And she is asking for us to welcome her with open arms.

Her presence causes us to stay in our Saviour's presence.
She shows us just how much we need Him.

Because Change is a definite.
But He never changes.
And that is something we can always count on to stay the same.


Hebrews 13:8
 "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever."

No comments: