Wednesday, July 16, 2014

I'm a Good Girl and I'm proud of it.

“You’re the Lord of all creation
And still you know my heart
The Author of Salvation
You’ve loved us from the start.”





These song lyrics are so beautiful to me. They compare the bigness of God to the fact that He still sees the smallness of me. They somehow help me grasp the infinite timelessness of Him while at the same time show me that He stakes a personal claim in my life.

Big yet Small
General yet Personal
World-Maker yet Me-Creator

It just makes my mouth drop open in awe that He is all those things at once.
Because He is.
And that’s seriously mind-boggling.

So, I’m here to ask you a simple question today:
Do you believe that the huge God of the Universe could care about little ol’ you?
Do you really believe that He loved you before you were even a speck on the map?
Because even though you weren't here all those billions of years ago when God created the earth,
God already knew you.
By. Name.

Yes, He knew the name your parents would give you.
But that’s not what I mean.
He knew (and still knows) you.
WHO YOU ARE.
Cause you’re more than just your given name.

Genesis 1 (msg) says it like this:
"God created human beings;
 He created them godlike,
   Reflecting God’s nature.
       He created them male and female.
God looked over everything He had made;
       it was so good, so very good!- v.27 and 31

God sees you.
God know you.
And He calls you “good.”



I looked up the definition of good in the Merriam Webster dictionary and this is what it says:
“Of high quality.”


It seriously says that.
So that means that before I was born and ever even had a chance to do anything of value or worth...God called me valuable and worthy.
He looked at me all pruny and tiny and said, “ Harmony, you are good.”


Here’s the catch!
Here’s what we almost always miss when we look at the vastness of creation in comparison to our smallness-

He calls us good because He created us.
He makes us good.
He makes us of high quality.

That’s it.
What did I do as a drooling infant to earn this name?
Nothing.
Nada.

He did it all.
By simply creating me good and fashioning me for His good life already prepared for me.
(Ephesians 2:10)

What a thought!
My finite life started before I was even a tiny seed in my mother’s womb.
Because God’s infinite love planned for me to be here.
His love literally gave me life.

No comments: