Friday, June 12, 2015

Thoughts, Labels, and the Truth

We all wrestle with things from time to time.
Fear
Shame
Doubt
Depression
Anger
The list goes on and on, doesn't it?
Some days I feel like I'm wrestling with all of those things at once!

On those not so good days, when I feel like all hell is breaking loose in my mind,
I can keep on thinking the polluted thoughts that will eventually lead me to a breaking point.
And I have chosen that path before.
It's not pretty, let me tell you.
I mean, I have a right to let my mind wander wherever it likes, right?
Sure. (If I want to deal with the results…)


But am I prepared for what those thoughts will inevitably do to the health of my soul?
Do I want to end up living (or not really living) a  fearful, shameful, doubtful, depressed and angry life?
If we look at our thoughts through the lens of God’s word we'll realize this little nugget of truth: 
Our thoughts are the labels we wear.

“The good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth what is good;
and the evil man out of the evil treasure brings forth what is evil;
for his mouth speaks from that which fills his heart.”
Luke 6:45

thoughts become things.jpg

Like a name badge stuck on our chest, we live out our thoughts in very public ways, whether we want to or not.
By the words we say, the actions we perform, the places we go, the people we hang out with....
These are our thoughts in action.
We might not actually say what we're thinking but our lives say it for us.
This doesn't necessarily have to be a negative thing.
In fact, it's a very good thing when our thoughts are fixed on the truth.
Focusing on God's love is a great place to start if this concept seems foreign to you.
Actually that’s the best place to start...and to stay.


Really, this is the meaning of life:
To let God’s love radically take over so that everything you say and do is a response to that amazing, transforming, life-changing love.
And when you put on love (Colossians 3:14), your thoughts become lovely.
When you truly let God’s love become your source of all that is good and true, you live love.
To be immersed in it- mind, body, and soul- is liberating.

Cause when you allow the power of God’s love to change you from the inside out,
to really get a hold of you,
you become free of the toxic thinking that held you captive,
you walk confidently with your real name on display 
- Hi! I’m LOVED NO MATTER WHAT-

And no one can take that revelation truth away from you.

No comments: