Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Take Time to Rest Today

REST
(verb)-to lie down, to cease from motion,
to remain, to be firmly fixed

How long has it been since you've really felt at rest? 
I'm not just talking about physical rest. 

Rest for your tired and weary soul?
Rest for your hurried and busy mind?
Rest for your broken and scarred heart?


I don't know about you....but I feel guilty when I get tired. 
I let my mama brain go all crazy and point fingers at me 
for taking a break! 

"GUILTY!" I hear in my head. 

"Of what?" you ask.

NOT BEING ABLE TO DO IT ALL
ALL THE TIME.

Yep. I get tired. And cranky.
Very cranky if I don't get some rest!
 Spirit, soul and body worn out!

Do my hubby and kids like to be around exhausted me?
Well, let's just say they enjoy rested mommy much more. :)

 "How do I find the time?" I hear you saying from your side of the screen.
You don't...
You can't find something that's not there in the first place.
You have to do something radical:
Make Time

Tell your heart it deserves to have a good cry over a cup of tea.

Tell your mind that it's ok to shut up and let God do the talking for a while.  
It's what He's waiting for by the way.

Tell your body to go take that bath with lavender scented bubbles 
and listen to some Beyonce on your iPod.

Tell those to-do lists you'll get to them later.
Put the remote down and close those heavy lids.

Are your heart muscles sore?
Do they need some time off to feel Gods healing love?

It's ok. 

Genesis 2:2 says,
"On the seventh day God had finished His work of creation, 
so He rested from all his work."



God rested. So we can too.


Psalm 127:2 NLT
It is useless for you to work so hard 
from early morning until late at night,
anxiously working for food to eat;
for God gives rest to His loved ones.

Matthew 11:28 NLT
 Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary 
and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest."


A little rest break for ya...

1 comment:

Tonya said...

Ahhhhh.... Rest. All that applies to me. Right here. Right now.