Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Live in the Moment

How good are you at living in the moment? 



Me?
Well, lately, I have let the past get the best of me and the future frighten me.
It's like being stuck between a rock and a hard place.



Yesterday I was praying about this dilemma and God said, "Be Here Now."


Psalm 118:24 

"This is the day the Lord has made;
We will rejoice and be glad in it."




Why is it so hard sometimes to live in the here and now?

For me, it's the reality that things will never be like they used to be.
It's also the fact that the future holds the unseen and unknown.



The Past vs. The Future-

Both places are really holding cells keeping us bound from the Present!




What happens if things go back to the way they used to be? 

No change + No growth = Stuck!

What happens if you could somehow predict the future?

Worry + Anticipation = Helpless!



Right now life is going on all around you and me.

The "present" is only here for 24 hrs. 
You can't change yesterday and you can't predict tomorrow.
All you have is today!

I've heard it said that the reason we call today the "present" is because it's a gift.

Think about that. 
Today is a gift. 
We're not promised tomorrow.



I struggle with this truth!

I want to go back and fix so many yesterdays.
I want to leap ahead and skip the mundane cycle of today.

But alas, God calls us to "Be Here Now."

So close your eyes, take a deep breath, and lift those hands to the heavens.
Ask Him to strengthen you and energize you to enjoy this moment.
Surrender what was and allow the presence of God to fill you with peace about the unknowns.
He will do it ya know. 



Don't allow the past to steal one more second from your present!

Enjoying the present will always make for a happier future!

No comments: