Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Water, water, everywhere

The ocean is my happy place.
It's where my mind wanders to on cold, winter days.
It's where I long to be when life gets tough.














I have so many great memories by the seashore.
Memories that will never leave me.
Memories that comfort me in the hard times.


















I know we all have a place like that. 
A place that is a kind of escape from reality.
A place that offers us time to breathe and relax.



















Sometimes, I long deep down in my soul for a day by the water.
Sometimes, I ache in my heart for the joy that the sun and sand bring me.



















I know it sounds silly to say that I long and ache for this place.
But, I'm willing to bet that most of you understand just what I mean.

















You see, it's not the place alone that has so intensely captured my heart.
It's not the individual moments that I've had there.
It's not even the singular sights and smells that come with it.
















It's the total experience that makes me come alive.
When all of these features work together, I can't help but be drawn in.
I can't help but feel connected to the CREATOR.


















I can't expect you to understand my love for the ocean if you've never been there yourself.
Because you haven't experienced what I have.
















The sunrise over the water.
The ebb and flow of the tides.
The wild wind and crystal sea.
They all work together to create an experience that is too irresistible....
...too amazing to ignore. 















And, my dear sisters, that is how it is supposed to be with the church.

Each of us have a part to play.
Each of us have an experience to participate in.
Each of us have something to add, to give, to do.

We need each other!
Just like the sand needs the sea.
Just like the wind needs the waves.
You need me.
I need you.
























1 Corinthians 12:4-11, 14-15 (msg)
 "God’s various gifts are handed out everywhere; but they all originate in God’s Spirit. God’s various ministries are carried out everywhere; but they all originate in God’s Spirit. God’s various expressions of power are in action everywhere; but God himself is behind it all. Each person is given something to do that shows who God is: Everyone gets in on it, everyone benefits. All kinds of things are handed out by the Spirit, and to all kinds of people! 
I want you to think about how all this makes you more significant, not less. A body isn’t just a single part blown up into something huge. It’s all the different-but-similar parts arranged and functioning together."


We are all beautiful, important, and necessary to the body of Christ.
We were all created to function together...in rhythm, in harmony, in a dance.

And when we do ...
We, the church, beckon the world to see what makes us come alive!
We become too amazing to ignore!
We become IRRESISTIBLE....and God gets all the glory! 

















No comments: