Monday, March 10, 2014

Greater is He that is in ME


Last night I couldn't sleep. 
I kept feeling like a shadow was over my bed watching me.
I kept thinking of worst case scenario's in my mind.

FEAR kept me awake.
It literally stole something from me....a good night's sleep!

And isn't that what the devil always does?
He steals, kills and destroys... John 10:10


BUT the second part of that verse is the key to victory.
Cause though the devil takes....
Jesus gives us life...ABUNDANT LIFE!!! 


So, I made a choice last night as I lay there wide awake at 1:00 a.m.
I decided to fight back against that fear. 
I decided to live the abundant life Jesus died to give me.


I prayed and asked God to fill me with His love. 
"Perfect love casts out fear."-  1 John 4:18

I spoke out verses about God's mighty power in me.
"Greater is He that is in me than he that is in this world."- 1 John 4:4

I chose to focus on spiritual things.
"Set your mind on things above and not on things of this earth."- Colossians 3:2

And do you know what happened?
His peace, joy, and love immediately flowed over me. 
Why?

Because I acknowledged God's power at work within me!



Once I felt His power at work, a song rose up in my spirit right there in that bed.
A song from when I was a child in children's church.

It goes like this:
I’ve got peace like a river,
I’ve got peace like a river,
I’ve got peace like a river in my soul, (2x)


I’ve got love like an ocean,
I’ve got love like an ocean,
I’ve got love like an ocean in my soul,(2x)


I’ve got joy like a fountain,
I’ve got joy like a fountain,
I’ve got joy like a fountain in my soul. (2x)

This song may not mean much to you but it was a lullaby for me last night.
I hummed it and sang that song in my mind until I finally dozed off.
It's like God was holding me and rocking me back to sleep.
 I could hear him singing along and whispering peace to my soul.



That, my friends, is the power of God.
FEAR debilitates, handicaps and destroys faith.
But when we tap into His resurrection power within us, fear has to leave us alone!

Jesus' power is so great and He cares so much that no need is too small.
My late night example of sleeplessness might seem small to you
but, to me, it was huge.
And God knew just how to show up and in what way to release 
His power so I could have victory.
He can do the same for you, ya know.


Jesus loves me (and you!), this I know....

No comments: