Monday, June 2, 2014

Resurgence

RESURGENCE
- to rise again, revival, restoration to use 


I'm mad. I'm outraged. I'm ticked off. 
And I'm going to do something about it...

You might think that sounds very "un-christian" of me. 
What could possibly make me so angry?


A lot of things actually.
 But, human trafficking and sex slavery are at the top of my hate list. 

Here are some statistics that have enraged me:
Approximately 27 million men, women, and children are victims of global slavery today.
 (That's more than ever in the history of the world.)
Only 1 - 2% are ever rescued.
The average age of a trafficking victim is 12 years old.
This is not just happening overseas...it's here in the United States, too.
Human trafficking generates around 39 billion dollars annually.



This past year has been an amazing discovery of life-altering truth!
And while the truth always sets us free, it also gives us no room for excuses. 
This is the time to act.


The enemy of our souls, Satan, is stealing everything he can from us and the next generation.
Just like John 10:10 clearly states.
And it's time, my dear sisters, to get angry and rise up against this defeated foe!
It's time to take it all back!


Are we going to rise up from the ashes as an army of recklessly devoted followers of Jesus?
Are we going to let the Holy Spirit guide us into all truth so we can shine His light in the darkness?\
I am.

Oh I'm not focusing on what's been lost and stolen to give the enemy any credit.
No!
I'm focusing on it so my heart breaks for what breaks God's heart.
So my righteous anger can be used in a way that counteracts what the devil has done.
Because only God can use me ...only God can make a way.


You might be thinking, "I'm only one person."
But God is saying, "It only takes one."

One idea
One fundraiser
One donation
One encouraging word
One tweet
One campaign
One prayer

ONE PERSON that says "Yes."


Let holy fury be the fuel that lights the fire within your heart.
We are here for them.
To rescue them because God rescued us.
To love them because God loved us.
To save them because God saved us.
In fact, He rescues, loves, and saves us over and over again every single day. 

They need to know that He is really good.
We must redirect their blame to the enemy and represent Christ well.
We are the church, after all.
Let's go salvage them from the wreckage of their horrible circumstances. 


Here are some resources to educate you on human trafficking.
http://www.thea21campaign.org/
http://www.ijm.org/
http://www.joycemeyer.org/HandOfHope/
http://www.polarisproject.org/

Awareness leads to action.
Knowledge is power.


"You’re here to defend the defenseless,
    to make sure that underdogs get a fair break;
Your job is to stand up for the powerless,
    and prosecute all those who exploit them.”
-Psalm 82:3-4 (msg)


No comments: